Job Title: Digital Societal Platform Strategist and Campaigner
Expected duration: 1 year (renewable)
Nature of Employment: Full Time
Overview: The Biodiversity Collaborative (BC) is seeking a Digital Societal Platform Strategist and Campaigner to manage digital-social platforms for citizen science on various aspects of biodiversity and human well-being. The key role is to increase adoption and public engagement of BC supported digital platforms such as the India Biodiversity Portal, and other initiatives. This would play a critical role in making India’s biodiversity and its linkages to citizens' life and well-being an integral part of mainstream public imagination and action as well as reimagining India’s development model.
Key Responsibilities: The overall responsibility for this role will be to strategise the promotion and adoption of platform (s) with which the BC is engaged with. These would be related to information on India’s biodiversity and its links to human well-being. This would involve:
Platform Management: Audience Research, usability analysis and benchmarking against similar portals in India and across the world to come up with a comprehensive strategy to increase user adoption, usage and contribution as well as an assessment of user needs to guide the further development of the portals
Community Engagement: Informing and engaging the community through regular social media updates & newsletters, moderating discussion forums and reaching out to specific interest groups for increasing platform adoption. This would also involve representing these digital platforms in key physical and online events.
Branding & Marketing: Be the brand custodian for these platforms by owning the key messaging and co-developing a communications plan to add value of the portals to the stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master's degree or higher in fields like communications and marketing or natural-science related streams with a flair for outbound campaigns
- Strong proficiency in verbal and written English. Proficiency in spoken Kannada will be an asset.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- A flair for working with online community
- An appreciation of the current climate change and biodiversity loss related crisis, and a bias for action to do his/her bit to address these overarching and urgent issues.
- A basic understanding and appreciation of online technologies that drive community engagement platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, persuade, learn, act on new approaches with coalitions;
- Ability to execute goal-oriented strategies to produce timely outputs;
- Demonstrated ability to write and present information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner;
- Organisational skills to design and implement events and campaigns, both online and in person.
How to apply ?
Please send your resume, with a short cover paragraph stating your interest and relevance to this role at email@example.com , with the subject line as “CV for JD - Digital Societal Platform- Strategist and Campaigner”.
Job Title: Social Media Intern - Biodiversity Collaborative (BC)
Duration: 3 Months with flexible work hours and work-location and milestone based delivery
On a day-to-day basis, the social media intern will provide powerful online content and enable dissemination of BC’s key messages on different social media platforms. The intern will closely work with the Communications and Public Engagement team at the BC, based on an agreed communications strategy.
1. Set up BC's Social Media infrastructure for long term/steady state operations
- Select and implement the appropriate social media management tool (e.g. Hootsuite or others)
- Set up a social media calendar and social media plan for all channels
- Set up online metrics and analytics
2. Create & Curate Content
- Research on existing content archives and social media posts to assess what could be rehashed and repurposed
- Create social media content on an ongoing basis from happenings and announcements within the BC group (for duration of internship)
- Create future content repository for another 2 months
- Maintain and regularly update BC’s social media
3. Run Social Media Analytics
- Run analytics on the previous posts and new engagements during the duration of the internship
- Generate insights to give recommendation on what kind of content works, what format is best suited, and topics garner maximum engagement
4. Research on Followers, and increase followership
- Help the BC gain relevant followers by researching the social media presence of peer institutions (both in India and internationally)
- Conceptualise and implement ways to increase BC's social media followership